Submission Preparation Checklist
The word processing program should be Microsoft Word. The text should be typed using the font Times New Roman, size 12 points, with 1.5 vertical line spacing and no horizontal spacing, organized on A4 format (21 x 29.5 cm). Italicize common and standard Latin words, abbreviations, or phrases such as «et al.», «e.g.» or «in vivo». Italicize the names of genes (e.g. Arpl gene), genera, and species.
Tables must be placed on a separate page, below the list of references. All tables are to be numbered using Arabic numerals. Tables should always be cited in the text in consecutive numerical order. For each table, authors must supply a table caption (title) explaining the components of the table. Footnotes to tables must be placed below the body of the table and should be indicated with superscript lowercase letters. Ensure that the data presented in tables do not duplicate results described elsewhere in the article.
Figures must be placed in a separate section below the tables. Ensure that each figure has a caption. Supply captions in a separate section (not attached to the figure) below the figures. A caption should comprise a brief title (not on the figure itself) and a description of the illustration. Keep text in the illustrations to a minimum and explain all symbols and abbreviations used.
Coloured figures will appear in colour on the web regardless of whether or not these illustrations are reproduced in colour in the printed version. The author(s) will bear the extra costs involved in producing printed coloured figures if required. For colour reproduction in print, the author(s) will receive information regarding the costs after the manuscripts have been accepted for publication.
Original articles should be empirical studies that have not been published previously and will be given accelerated editorial processing. Each manuscript should not exceed 6,000 words (including abstract, tables, figures, and references), and not more than 30 references. Not more than 8 figures/tables (in total) are acceptable. A cover letter, title page, and abstract are required.
Case Reports/Case Series
Case reports should consist of the unusual case(s) and a brief review of the literature about these case(s) that add new information to knowledge in education. These case reports should not exceed 1,500 words, 15 references, and 4 figures/tables in all. A cover letter, title page, and abstract are required.
All submitted review articles shall be subjected to the same peer-review and editorial processes as original articles. The Journal shall not publish more than one review article per edition except the Editorial team decides otherwise. The text of Review Articles must be limited to 3,500 words, with a maximum of 6 figures and tables (total) and up to 60 references. A cover letter, title page, and abstract are required.
References should follow the APA 7th edition style.
A basic reference list entry for a journal article in APA must include:
• Author or authors. The surname is followed by the first initials.
• Year of publication of the article (in round brackets).
• Article title.
• Journal title (in italics).
• The volume of the journal (in italics).
• Issue number of the journal in round brackets (no italics).
• Page range of the article.
• DOI or URL
• The first line of each citation is left adjusted. Every subsequent line is indented 5-7 spaces.
Intending authors should check for referencing in APA 7th edition style at https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/in_text_citations_the_basics.html
It is the policy of the KJED that authors must conform to standards of good research practice and responsible authorship.
Authors must accept responsibility for the entire contents of the submitted manuscript, and provide their significant contributions to the work. Submission of a manuscript implies that the work described has not been published previously; that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that its publication has been approved by all co-authors, if any, as well as by the responsible authorities at the institution(s) where the work has been carried out.
All statements and opinions expressed in the manuscripts and published in the journal are strictly those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of the Editor(s) or KIU. KIU disclaims any responsibility or liability for such materials.
In addition, KIU is not liable and does not provide a guarantee or endorsement for services or products advertised.
All manuscripts must be submitted in Microsoft Word format preferably electronically as e-mail attachments.
- Indicate the type of article on the title page (e.g. Original Article, Case Report, Review Article, etc)
- Provide complete names, degrees, and contacts/affiliations for all authors
- Designate a corresponding author, with complete mailing and e-mail addresses and telephone +/- fax numbers
- Provide a structured abstract of 150-250 words and 3-6 keywords for subject indexing
- Cite references, figures, and tables in recommended formats
- Check all references for completeness and accuracy
- Submit each table/figure on a separate page
- Number figures and indicate orientation. Submit each figure on a separate page
- Identify and provide permission for the reuse of any previously published material
- Disclose any potential conflict of interest
All manuscripts for the KJED should be submitted directly to:
KIU Journal of Education
Kampala International University
E-mail: [email protected]